Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesFrequently Asked QuestionsRegistration is free!check the newsstreams & 

mixesHere you can listen 2 other membersī tunes or upload 

your own onesCalendarSearch 

Contact Us / Shouts
drumandbass.at : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.4 drumandbass.at > MIXES/(M)TRACKS > >MIX< - RolldaBeats - DJ Extreme - A Decade In A Mix
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shroombab
high tension sista

Reg.: May 2001

>MIX< - RolldaBeats - DJ Extreme - A Decade In A Mix

Tracklisting:

01 The Ragga Twins - Hooligan 69 - SUAD [1990]
"Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today to get through this thing called - Life" Coming from a Hip-House background The Ragga Twins almost stumbled across the breakbeat sound with the sample driven production, Widely recognised for being one of the earliest artists to use breakbeats in their music, i think this was a great track to start the RDB history mix.

02 4 Hero - The Scorcher - Reinforced [1990]
After the massive 'Kirks Nightmare' 4 Hero followed on Reinforced with The scorcher. Yet more Breakbeat pressure & samples, you could already see the direction the music was moving into even at this early stage.

03 Lost - The Gonzo - perfecto [1990]
Another favorite from 1991, heavy breakbeats & bassline with the unforgettable trumpet riff & sirens.

04 Meat Beat Manifesto - Radio Babylon - Play it again Sam [1990]
Representing the Euro influences, MBM coming out of Holland produced an ahead of its time masterpiece. "Woo Alright" & "Babylon" samples throughout, with the driving synth bass riff.

05 Satin Storm - Satin Storm - Satin Storm [1991]
Quite an obscure 6 tracker here, this track is the best of the bunch - deep basslines & eire samples, The flute rift being used later in 1992/93 in XLR8's "Dubplate". This track always reminds me of some type of space mission - absolute classic !

06 Cosmo & Dibs - Oh so nice - Moving Shadow [1991]
When it comes to Moving Shadow there's so many to choose from, but I've gone with this less-well known track, some great samples in this one, "Reach Out" later used by DJ Zinc on his true playaz release.

07 Lenny De Ice - We ie - Reel to Reel [1991]
Possibly one of the original DnB Tracks? There's always been a mystery surrounding this track, When was it actually made? Who made it? but all just adds to how good it is!

08 Acen - Close your eyes (Vitamin 'E' mix) - Production House [1991]
Along with Moving Shadow & Suburban Base, Production House were one of the original *******ing labels with big release schedules putting out quality tunes one after the next. Later becoming famous for his 1992 "Trip II the moon" series, this was Acens first release on PH.

09 Rufftouch - This is the jungle - Vice Versa [1992]
This is a track that i only picked up sometime last year, I'm not even sure i had heard it before but it has quickly became one of my favourite tracks.

10 Urban Distress - No Skank - Ibiza [1992]
Ibiza were representing the early, early Jungle Techno sound in 1991, continuing into 1992 with big Reggae influences running through out tracks, This ones a perfect example, quality synth loops & Raggae speech.

11 Citadel of Kaos - E-Z man - Boombastic Plastic [1992]
With 'A Sides' being part of the production (just one of many from 'A Sides' under different names back in the day) This tune was big on the London Pirates in 1992.

12 Krome & Time - Manic Stampede - Subbase [1992]
It was 1992 that Suburban Base really made their mark on the scene, Krome & Time coming with one of subbase's many classics.

13 Andy C - Outer Limits - Ram [1992]
Taken from the very 1st release on Ram Records, i think this 4 tracker showed the talents of Andy C from an early age & got the Ram label of to an excellent start.

14 Nasty Habits - Mayday, Mayday - Reinforced [1992]
By this stage, late 1992 Reinforced had already put itself firmly on the map. It was at this point that Doc Scott, Goldie, 4 Hero & crew were to flip the script for 93 with an amazing new darkside sound.

15 Metalheadz - Terminator - SHP [1992]
Possibly Goldie's most famous release, and along side the Reinforced sound for 93, Goldie quite literally took the scene in a new direction with this one track alone.

16 Omni Trio - Mystical Stepper (Feel Better) - Moving Shadow [1993]
Alongside 'Foul Play' & 'Deep Blue' Omni Trio were one of the best artists to emerge into the scene from Moving Shadow. If i had more time in the mix i would definitely have included a Foul Play track. But this one was massive!

17 Origin Unknown - The Touch - Ram [1993]
This is the flipside to "Valley of the Shadows" The Touch for me seems to be under rated (maybe over shadowed) but one of my favorites from 1993.

18 LTJ Bukem - Enchanted - Good Looking [1993]
The mix wouldn't be complete without a track from MR. Bukem, with every Good Looking release being top notch, it was a tough choice but Enchanted for me stands out as one of the best.

19 DJ Crystl - Warpdrive - Dee Jay [1993]
What a year 1993 was for DJ Crystl, as it was for Dee Jay Recordings as well - every release being spot on. Warpdrive perhaps being Crystl's most famous track, from the eerie intro, amazing amen programming & of course the deep breakdown, a great tune to to end the first part of the RDB mix with.

see more

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-02-2006 - 19:09
Shroombab is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shroombab Click here to Send Shroombab a Private Message Click Here to Email Shroombab Visit Shroombab's homepage! Find more posts by Shroombab Add Shroombab to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Splinta
Be prepared...

Reg.: Mar 2002

Geil!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-02-2006 - 23:17
Splinta is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Splinta Click here to Send Splinta a Private Message Click Here to Email Splinta Visit Splinta's homepage! Find more posts by Splinta Add Splinta to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time is now - 09:31 (CET) Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread | Subscribe to this Thread | Next Thread
drumandbass.at : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.4 drumandbass.at > MIXES/(M)TRACKS > >MIX< - RolldaBeats - DJ Extreme - A Decade In A Mix