Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesFrequently Asked QuestionsRegistration is free!check the newsstreams & 

mixesHere you can listen 2 other membersī tunes or upload 

your own onesCalendarSearch 

Contact Us / Shouts
drumandbass.at : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.4 drumandbass.at > BOARD > Goodbye Rob STP
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
User

Reg.: Sep 2015

Goodbye Rob STP

A wise man once said: „People love it when you make your bizness public.“ I seldom do that. But now I feel the need to share a few thoughts here so I wonīt have to explain myself over and over again to everyone wherever I go.

I am doing this here because I use this so called social media service to communicate about my professional music projects. And I put an end to most of them now.

Itīs been 20+ years for me. 20+ crazy, amazing, disconcerting, fulfilling, enlightening, heartwarming, heartbreaking and deeply satisfying years. I got into that whole rave culture in the 1990s during the second summer of love, as they justly call it. All I ever wanted was to be part of this movement which was something very subversive, very groundbreaking, cutting edge and in many respects something totally new at that time. No one thought back then that someone with two turntables would take the spot that was always reserved for rock bands and singers.

We didnīt see it coming that anyone with a drum machine and a sampler (now a Laptop or single Computer) would take the spot of big producers with their staff in big record studios. We had the vision tough that someday parties with people performing DJ-Sets would be the new rock-concerts. This is where we are now and it might seem trivial now. It really wasnīt obvious back then. As a matter of fact this happened over the last 20+ years and I will be forever grateful that I could play a tiny little part in this. This is all I ever wanted as a kid.

Recently I started to want something different though. Besides my obsession with music I was always obsessed with words and philosophical concepts. I strangely got lucky again now. I can spend my life mindfucking with that and can put out words instead of records and events. This is were my passion lies now. I always thought that this whole rave culture must be run by people who are 100 % dedicated and passionate about it. With regards to promoting parties and festivals, I donīt feel like this anymore. I feel like iīve done my part and need to quit. Itīs now up to YOU, the next generation, and I hope that you guys will do justice to my heritage.
Sounds like a bold statement. I know. But I think it is perfectly appropriate.
I met a lot of people along the way without whom this wouldnīt have been possible.

I am not gonna start tagging all of them cause most of them arenīt even on Facebook (anymore). First and foremost the man like Bauza with whom I ran all my important music production and songwriting projects. It was just crazy when our Body&Soul project went worldwide with some of the most important record labels back in 2004. This really was the cornerstone to everything.
Thanks to Aziz and the whole trife.life! crew for the Fucking work and support in the early days in Vienna. It felt like landing on the moon for the first time. Thanks to Pandora who helped to put the dude from outside Vienna inside Vienna in the late 90s. Weīve had great times in my native habitat STP with parties never seen before with Tempest, Effekt and Bench MC. We were Reload Music.

I am thankful to have met Chris who had a vision and the strength to pursue in 2003. We started Urban Art Forms and NUF and ran countless events and festivals. Our corporate endeavour has changed the music scene forever in Austria. Sounds like a bold statement. I know. But I think it is perfectly appropriate.

I also feel tied and indepted to so many more people like basically all Austrian Drum&Bass crew plus most importantly and in no particular order Markus Smaller (17th Boulevard), Disaszt, Rawful, Lukas (Fourward), Reini, Markus, Daxta, Almalyn, Denise, Mad, Peter, HaasHaas, Lukascher, Snare, Manuel, the Storkies, Mat, Dkay, Mabe, Urli, EMX, Crum, and all those we usually forget in such statements for their continuing inspiration and all the good times weīve had making music and parties. I hope to see everybody at #finalfuturebeatz in March and at the occasional gig iīll still be playing at YOUR parties and festivals. And please have some cold beer for me like I did for you mofos backstage when I come to visit

(COPY PASTE FROM HIS FACEBOOK)

Last edited by User on 28-02-2018 at - 05:48

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 28-02-2018 - 05:45
User is offline Click Here to See the Profile for User Click here to Send User a Private Message Find more posts by User Add User to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time is now - 04:18 (CET) Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread | Subscribe to this Thread | Next Thread
drumandbass.at : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.4 drumandbass.at > BOARD > Goodbye Rob STP