Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesFrequently Asked QuestionsRegistration is free!check the newsstreams & 

mixesHere you can listen 2 other members´ tunes or upload 

your own onesCalendarSearch 

Contact Us / Shouts
drumandbass.at : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.4 drumandbass.at > MIXES/(M)TRACKS > Chase- Studio Mix [April 2006]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kon:fusion
sax appeal

Reg.: Mar 2005

Chase- Studio Mix [April 2006]

Comment:

after the Rinseout Show on sat night i actually came home for once and ended up doing this little impromptu one off mix.

for me it's a bit of a revisitation of a mix i did 3 or 4 years ago called "get deeper", at the time i said it was a mix of "soulful drum'n'bass". or a similar kind of vibe at least. (that mix is still available at tempaural dot com )

for me, this new mix is still a mix of "soulful drum'n'bass", i guess, but tbh i hesitate to call it that. i don't want people to think it's a mix of wherever so-called "liquid funk" has gone or is nowadays. that's not to say i'm not still feeling and playing a lot of what's coming out nowadays - far from it - it's just that, to me, over the past few years, soul and music and funk has slowly oozed back into drum'n'bass/jungle of all styles. for some artists at least. which i think is great.

at the end of the day it means that i can play more stuff of more variety and get a little more tough/dirty/weird/choppy and still keep the soul and music and funk in it.

but i digress. this isn't some big showcase or complete representation of my musical "vision". fuck that. i just came home one night, hit record, played some tunes and stopped an hour later when i saw that it was almost 6 am and i was too drunk/tired and my roomate told me to turn it down for the 3rd time.

this is the raw dump, haven't decided if i'm gonna do any clean up or mastering or put it on the tempaural website, but for now there's a few sendspace/mysendit links. tbh the quality isn't up to what i would usually require for a proper studio mix. (i even pulled up "share my wings" because i just had to hear it again, fuck the record button.)

please feel free to provide honest feedback.

one last thing, there are way less tunes in this mix than would usually be in my mixes of this length, but given the style of the mix i think it makes sense and gives these tunes the space they need, plus gave me time to drink/roll//etc. i would hope that the tunes in this mix are interesting enough that they don't get boring after a minute or two.

Download:

Tracklist:

Chase - tempaural, rinseout show, SLXN (theory)
get deeper vol 2 (aka old drunk man version)
dj mix - 3 turntables + 1 mixer, 100% vinyl, one take
april 2006

tracklisting
track - artist - label

bboy flavour - alex reece - metalheadz
my red hot car (girl) - squarepusher - warp
cold war - krust - talkin loud
still there - breakage + jubei - emcee
virgo - martyn - play:musik
late night squeeze - calibre - signature
<-- mistical dub - mistical - soul:r
stone cold - seba + paradox - secret operations
revealed - invaderz - metalheadz
blues inside - outlook -- skunkrock
<-- 2 million & rising - influx uk - formation
share my wings - martyn - revolve:r (rewound)
reunion - asides - bingo
<-- jade - hokusai - source direct
1step2glory - raf + illogic (paradox rmx) - double zero
<-- accelerate - johnny l feat. lady miss kier - XL
deepwoods - martyn - play:musik
universe - marcus intalex - metalheadz
<-- tear out my heart - future cut - metalheadz

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-05-2006 - 13:46
kon:fusion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kon:fusion Click here to Send kon:fusion a Private Message Click Here to Email kon:fusion Visit kon:fusion's homepage! Find more posts by kon:fusion Add kon:fusion to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
djSnare
strictlybeatsmassive

Reg.: Apr 2005

"Ravers don't really have culture, they're just hippies with technology!"

Old Post 02-05-2006 - 18:11
djSnare is offline Click Here to See the Profile for djSnare Click here to Send djSnare a Private Message Click Here to Email djSnare Visit djSnare's homepage! Find more posts by djSnare Add djSnare to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ashes
lemming

Reg.: Jun 2002

Chase von Chase & Status oder wie? Oder hat das jetzt kon:fusion geschrieben? Oder wie?

Old Post 02-05-2006 - 23:55
ashes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ashes Click here to Send ashes a Private Message Find more posts by ashes Add ashes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
djCapja
brap!

Reg.: Mar 2006

quote:
Chase von Chase & Status oder wie? Oder hat das jetzt kon:fusion geschrieben? Oder wie?

Soweit ich informiert bin handelt es sich hier um Dj Chase aus Übersee, also falscher Alarm für alle Chase 'n' Status Fans.

Old Post 03-05-2006 - 10:34
djCapja is offline Click Here to See the Profile for djCapja Click here to Send djCapja a Private Message Find more posts by djCapja Add djCapja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ashes
lemming

Reg.: Jun 2002

Wenn ich den erwisch is er dran.

Old Post 03-05-2006 - 18:00
ashes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ashes Click here to Send ashes a Private Message Find more posts by ashes Add ashes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kon:fusion
sax appeal

Reg.: Mar 2005

Chase - tempaural, rinseout show, SLXN (theory)

Check it:

-->

-->

Auf alle Fälle ein sehr leiwander Mix!

Old Post 03-05-2006 - 23:54
kon:fusion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kon:fusion Click here to Send kon:fusion a Private Message Click Here to Email kon:fusion Visit kon:fusion's homepage! Find more posts by kon:fusion Add kon:fusion to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time is now - 02:58 (CET) Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread | Subscribe to this Thread | Next Thread
drumandbass.at : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.4 drumandbass.at > MIXES/(M)TRACKS > Chase- Studio Mix [April 2006]